Bcureful and the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance announced plans to formally combine efforts, specifically by establishing the Bcureful Travel Fund at the TS Alliance.
WE DID IT!
We are excited to share that Bcureful and the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance announced plans to formally combine efforts, specifically by establishing the Bcureful Travel Fund at the TS Alliance. Created in December 2018 by Bcureful and formerly known as the TSC Travel and Lodging Patient Assistance Program, the fund provides patients diagnosed with TSC with financial assistance for travel and lodging related to participation in a clinical trial or furtherance of treatment for the disease and is administered by the National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD).
Learn more about this collaborative effort and the Bcureful Travel Fund here: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bcureful-and-tuberous-sclerosis-alliance-announce-plans-to-combine-efforts-300972806.html
Anyone in the TSC community needing travel fund assistance can find out more by contacting NORD at (203) 616-4320 or TSCTravel@rarediseases.org.
Want to donate to the Bcureful Travel Fund? Click the link below! Be sure to add a memo that you’re donating to the Bcureful Travel Fund.
“My journey with Bcureful started as a mom with a newly diagnosed child in an area where there is not TS related healthcare. Bcureful went above and beyond getting us the care that we needed and I am very grateful to be able to pay them back by serving on the board and helping other families like mine.”
“It is a privilege to be able to partner with this amazing organization which does so much for our patients and their families. Bcureful is leading the way in innovative nonprofit work, and has had tremendous impact in advancing care for children with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. Thank you for all you do!!”
“While there are countless non-profits, Bcureful stands alone! It is a phenomenal organization that is making a huge difference in fighting the battle to cure tuberous sclerosis complex. They have added to hospitals, families, communities, medical education, and research. Our family is most grateful for Bcureful, all its hard work and accomplishments.”
Did You Know?
- TSC is the leading genetic cause of both Epilepsy and Autism.
- Up to 1 million people worldwide have TSC.
- 85% of people with TSC experience seizures, of which 40% have intractable epilepsy.
- TSC occurs in all races and ethnic groups and in both males and females.
- About 1/3 of people with TSC inherit the disease, while the other 2/3 result from a spontaneous mutation.
- Approximately 50,000 in the United States have TSC.
- Autism occurs in about 50% of people with TSC.
- TSC affects an estimated 1 in 6,000 live births.
- TSC impacts no two people in the same way – even identical twins.
- Currently, there is no cure for TSC.
*Facts provided by TS Alliance
Bcureful is dedicated to connecting patients to expert medical care and creating opportunities to advance research towards a cure for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex.