It has come to our attention that the family of a TSC patient is featured in political ad for the upcoming mid-term elections. It is important to be clear that the decision to participate in this political ad was purely the choice of this particular family and has no connection to Bcureful or the important work of our organization on behalf of the TSC community. As a 501c3 public charity, Bcureful does not engage in political campaigns and does not endorse any political party or candidate. Bcureful stands behind it’s mission and is devoted to advancing research toward the cure for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, as well as raising public awareness of the disorder and helping bring expert medical care and support to people where they need it. At the end of the day, Bcureful is here to help those impacted by TSC and relies heavily on (your) public support and we continue to need your support now more than ever.
Did You Know?
- TSC is the leading genetic cause of both Epilepsy and Autism.
- Up to 1 million people worldwide have TSC.
- 85% of people with TSC experience seizures, of which 40% have intractable epilepsy.
- TSC occurs in all races and ethnic groups and in both males and females.
- About 1/3 of people with TSC inherit the disease, while the other 2/3 result from a spontaneous mutation.
- Approximately 50,000 in the United States have TSC.
- Autism occurs in about 50% of people with TSC.
- TSC affects an estimated 1 in 6,000 live births.
- TSC impacts no two people in the same way – even identical twins.
- Currently, there is no cure for TSC.
*Facts provided by TS Alliance
Bcureful is devoted to advancing research toward the cure for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, as well as raising public awareness of the disorder and helping bring expert medical care and support to people where they need it.
A WICKED AFFAIR
WHAT: Halloween Charity Event
WHERE: Loyola’s Cuneo Mansion and Gardens, Vernon Hills, IL.
WHY: To fund the Bcureful Travel Assistance Program