WE DID IT!
Our greatest achievement to date
We are excited to announce that because of you, our donors, Bcureful has now funded the NORD Travel Fund for Tuberous Sclerosis families! This fund has been made possible through fundraisers and individual donations to Bcureful.
NORD’s Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Travel & Lodging Patient Assistance Program provides patients diagnosed with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (or under consideration for diagnosis) with financial assistance for travel and lodging related to participation in a clinical trial and or furtherance of treatment.
If you are in need of NORD’s assistance, or would like additional information, you can learn more HERE
Living with TSC is challenging, and you can continue to help families meet that challenge head-on by making a gift donation to Bcureful HERE, and designating it for the travel fund.
Thank you for your support in helping Bcureful achieve this amazing accomplishment!
2019 Climb for a Cure!
For our third annual Climb for a Cure, we raised $5,510….Would you like to join Elizabeth by taking pledges and hiking your own “Climb for Cure” in 2019?
Did You Know?
- TSC is the leading genetic cause of both Epilepsy and Autism.
- Up to 1 million people worldwide have TSC.
- 85% of people with TSC experience seizures, of which 40% have intractable epilepsy.
- TSC occurs in all races and ethnic groups and in both males and females.
- About 1/3 of people with TSC inherit the disease, while the other 2/3 result from a spontaneous mutation.
- Approximately 50,000 in the United States have TSC.
- Autism occurs in about 50% of people with TSC.
- TSC affects an estimated 1 in 6,000 live births.
- TSC impacts no two people in the same way – even identical twins.
- Currently, there is no cure for TSC.
*Facts provided by TS Alliance
Bcureful is devoted to advancing research toward the cure for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, as well as raising public awareness of the disorder and helping bring expert medical care and support to people where they need it.